[CANUFNET] green ash decline

Stephen Smith ufora at idirect.com
Tue Jun 29 20:38:13 EDT 2010

Perhaps it's the natural cycle of climate that created the prairies in the first place acting itself out. Wouldn't be too many trees there naturally would there?

If they are planted street trees they are probably the mass-produced cultivar that is sold everywhere in NA, probably originating somewhere in the mid US.  May not be hardy there in the rougher years.

Stephen Smith
Urban Forest Associates Inc.
Urban Forestry and Ecological Restoration
www.ufora.ca