[CANUFNET] Senior Forester/ Urban Forester Job Posting

Koskinen, Jennifer Jennifer.Koskinen at stantec.com
Thu Oct 28 09:50:09 EDT 2010

Overview
Providing sustainable and ecological planning, landscape architecture, and arboriculture services for neighborhoods, communities, and regions, our Planning & Landscape Architecture group is comprised of collaborative, creative, and visionary professionals who create high-quality and sustainable environments that are functional, innovative, appropriate, and attractive.  This is where great people and great ideas truly make a difference.  Our team members have unique opportunities to provide services such as urban design; town planning; visioning; master planning; park, recreation and athletic design; actions/extreme sports facilities; play areas; civic design; and tourism and resort design.  We provide career opportunities as unique as you are.

Responsibilities
Stantec's Kitchener office is seeking a Senior Forester / Urban Forester to join our Landscape Architecture team.  Our arborists understand the value that trees have to the environment, our clients and our communities.  We help our clients to understand the advantages of effective preservation and vegetation management techniques, and we are capable of providing solutions to mitigate the long term impacts that urban and resort development may have on trees. Our arborists have the opportunity to be involved in a variety of projects that may include endangered species assessments, forest restoration, hazard tree assessments, public information centers, tree clearing reviews, woodland assessments, edge management and rehabilitation, tree inventories, and tree management plans.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
*

Business development and growth for Forestry and Urban Forestry
*       Preparation of: proposals, work programs, budgets, cost estimates
*       Client relations
*       Senior level project management
*       Supervision of interdisciplinary teams
*       Senior technical review and mentorship of staff
*       Manage and conduct:  Forest inventories and management plans; Implementation of City street tree inventories; Data analysis and management; Report preparation

Qualifications
*

Bachelors or Masters of Forestry from a recognized University.
*       Registered Professional Forester (RPF) designation is an asset
*       Minimum 10 years experience which must include some consulting
*       Experience leading  Forest Management Plans and/or City Street Tree Inventory
*       Experience writing forest management/urban forest management plans
*       Experience with City tree policies, Regional and Municipal By-laws, and Government legislation
*       Experience with endangered species and insect/disease management
*       Experience working with MNR, Regional and Municipal Governments
*       Ability to co-ordinate project teams.

Jennifer Koskinen, HBESfcon
ISA Certified Arborist ON-1234A
Stantec
49 Frederick Street
Kitchener ON N2H 6M7
Ph: (519) 585-7442
Fx:  (519) 579-7932
jennifer.koskinen at stantec.com
stantec.com

The content of this email is the confidential property of Stantec and should not be copied, modified, retransmitted, or used for any purpose except with Stantec's written authorization. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete all copies and notify us immediately.

* Please consider the environment before printing this email.