[CANUFNET] CTLA appraisals in Ontario

Oliver Reichl careofthetrees at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 10:18:15 EDT 2012

Greetings:

I'm doing a large appraisal project that has brought up a couple of
interesting issues. I'm keen to hear your opinions.

1) the Ontario supplement does not contain a species rating for Staghorn
sumac, *Rhus typhina*. What would you consider the best alternative to use
for a species rating? (I have one in mind ... just curious to hear what
others may have used and why).
2) *Acer negundo* (crapwood) and *Ulmus americana* (disease-prone) are not
available in the marketplace. What would you consider the best alternatives
to use for replacement plant material? (Again, I have ones in mind ... but
curious to hear what others suggest or may have used and why).
3) quotes for replacement trees and their delivery/installation are an
integral part of the valuations. How much, if anything, would you pay a
nursery or landscaping firm for a quote?

Looking forward to any replies,

Oliver K. Reichl, B.E.S.(Hons)
Consulting Arborist-Ecologist
ISA Certified Arborist #ON-1178A