[CANUFNET] Official Plan Update - Urban Forestry

SVescio at thunderbay.ca SVescio at thunderbay.ca
Tue Jun 5 06:52:52 EDT 2012

Hello,
The City of Thunder Bay is in the midst of updating its Official Plan and
we are looking to add significant emphasis on the urban forest. As you are
aware, green infrastructure connects in a variety of ways to the
objectives and policies found within an OP (eg. Transportation, Economic
Development, Housing, Servicing – which includes policies such as
stormwater). We will be providing recommendations to flesh out many of the
General and Land Use Policies to include green infrastructure.  However,
we are also considering developing a new land use designation to solely
encompass the urban forest. Has your municipality ever considered this? If
you have been involved in ‘beefing up’ urban forestry throughout your OP,
how did you do it? We’d appreciate hearing any comments or examples you
could provide. Thanks.

Shelley Vescio RPF
City Forester
City of Thunder Bay

The information transmitted by electronic communication is intended
only for
the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
confidential
and/or privileged material. The sender does not waive any related
rights or
obligations. Any review, re-transmission, dissemination or other
use of, or
taking of any action in reliance upon this information, by persons
or entities
other than the intended recipient, is prohibited. If you received
this in
error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any
computer