[CANUFNET] water sprouts on Ash for rejuvenating.

Hennessy, John John.Hennessy at brampton.ca
Fri Jul 27 08:33:05 EDT 2012

Hello all,

I have been selecting vigorous shoots from selected recently removed Ash. Relative to stumping and replacing out right, I thought this was a valid option for rejuvenation considering fiscal concerns . Some selected shoots have reached heights of 1.6m in a two year growth period! I am concerned about their attachment points though. Some of our recent weather has snapped some of the new replenishing water sprouts which is having me question whether this idea is a poor one. Further to that I have a concern about perpetuating E.A.B. cycle, by providing new food sources.
Some street trees have been selected, some from parks, and some from remnant forests and small isolated stands. It is the remnant forests where I think my efforts should be focused, any opinions are welcomed
I am curious how my fellow foresters are dealing with these new "Ash Shrubs"!  Is this idea crazy?
 I look forward to replies.

Many thanks,
John.

John  Hennessy
Forestry Inspector
Community Services
City Of Brampton
(416) 795-1834.

Please review the City of Brampton e-mail disclaimer statement at:
www.brampton.ca/en/Info-Centre/Pages/Privacy-Statement.aspx