[CANUFNET] Municipal climbing program in Edmonton

Brian Geerts GeertsB at cambridge.ca
Fri Feb 1 12:29:11 EST 2013

We have recently begun a new process whereby any new staff signing in to
a Forestry position must be a trained arborist already or be willing to
go through the provincial arborist trade program.  This requires them to
take 3 months off to go to college through the winter, 2 years
consecutively.  This allows us to provide a high level of training
through a third party, at minimal cost to the City, as well as
maintaining a high standard of education for the work force.  We are
currently developing this for Horticulture as well.

Brian Geerts

Manager of Forestry and Horticulture

City of Cambridge

Dickson Centre