[CANUFNET] What's missing from the Top 10 Cities for Urban Trees

Shields, Peter Peter.Shields at davey.com
Mon Feb 25 13:07:48 EST 2013

I would strongly recommend doing some homework on the structural soils (CU) and its efficacy.  There have been legitimate discussions and studies showing the costs and benefits may not prove to be near as good as was once thought.  J. Urban presenting some findings at a recent seminar at U of T.  Talking more about using what is on site with some minimal importing of new material to not only save on costs, but to provide equally sufficient soil, perhaps even better.  Root canals/paths are one of the greatest methods to achieve optimal volume.
Best

Peter Shields
Senior Consulting Arborist
ISA BCMA ON-0570B, ISA PNW CTRA #1590, OMNR BHA #252, ASCA member
(647) 465 4901
www.davey.com/services/davey-resource-group/<http://www.davey.com/services/davey-resource-group/>