[CANUFNET] Agreements for tree planting on private property

Michael Richardson mrtree at kos.net
Tue Mar 4 09:00:40 EST 2014

I take the original question to refer to situations where the
municipality's street tree planting program incorporates private property
adjacent to municipal property.

I have a few question about the approach of planting municipal trees on
private property.

Who owns the tree?
Who maintains the tree?
Can the property owner remove the tree?
What about subsequent owners of the property, do they have an obligation
to the municipality?
And as Shelley Vescio asks what (legal) agreements are created?

Michael