[CANUFNET] Shout out for Canadian Tree Stories!

ConsultingArborist . careofthetrees at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 10:01:45 EDT 2014

Well, I can think of a few offhand. I leave the details to you (or email me
if you're stuck), but here's the executive summary versions:

1) The origin of the Macintosh apple.
2) Jacques Cartier and the vitamin C in white cedars.
3) Black ash - natives use it for basket-making.
4) Dr. Doug Larson and the discovery of ancient cedars on the Niagara
escarpment.
5) There is a "forest" of tree stumps at the bottom of Georgian Bay.
6) The tulip-tree at Woodside National Historic Site in Kitchener.
7) Toronto subway construction coincides with a sudden decline in hemlocks.

Oliver K. Reichl, B.E.S.(Hons)
Consulting Arborist-Ecologist
ISA Certified Arborist #ON-1178A
Tel: 613-923-8833