[CANUFNET] Borrowing funds to plant trees

Peter Murray pmurray5 at cogeco.ca
Sat May 24 21:12:29 EDT 2014

Cedric;   Gananoque is a town of 5,200, and has always funded its tree planting program of 15  or so trees from current budgets. The Chief Clerk tells me that, if necessary the town Council could direct funds from any source, from the capital works program specifically for tree planting. It is strictly a Council decision. In the future, it might well be considered for funding to replace ash trees that succumb to the EAB.  Peter Murray Chairman, Urban Forest Committee