[CANUFNET] Hydro removals and stumping

John McNeil john.mcneil at oakville.ca
Tue Dec 9 10:32:11 EST 2014

Hi Shelley:

The Forestry Section has performed  the line clearing for our local hydro utility ‎for the last 25+ years.
This  partnership has helped foster improved un‎derstanding of each other's business.
For example a qualified arborist assesses each of the 18,000 trees in the Program to determine how the ESA's 3m clearance guideline++ for 27.6kV primary lines may be applied.

Removal, stumping and replacement- which are a  minor part of the program-  is handled thru Forestry and charged back to hydro.

++ in Ontario this helps mitigate the impact of the ESA's guideline which only prescribes a setback and does not take into account other arboricultural factors such as  growth rates etc.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Rogers network.