[CANUFNET] Research project on Urban Forest establishment in Southern Ontario‏

Ethier Elaine elaine.ethier at umontreal.ca
Sat Feb 28 13:23:07 EST 2015

Hello,
Something to look into :

SOVERDI is a Non for profit Organization based in Montreal since 1992. Is was established by former Montreal Urban Community members with the support of the former Director of the Montreal Botanical Garden and former Mayor of the City of Montreal, Honorable Pierre Bourque.

SOVERDI received a major grant for tree production from Tree Canada Foundation. I was consulting arborist and partnership project development throughout 1994-1998 for SOVERDI. Initiatives like : Environmental Highways, School Parks, alleys, public parcs and institutional/industrial/corporate planting projects including several Earth Day tree planting are still among actual strategies.

I suggest you look them up as the organisation's initial mission statement was to plant 2 million trees and shrubs in the Greater Montreal area by year 2010. More accurately, the goal is established at 180 000 for the next 10 years. They are active and do important environmental projects in collaboration with municipalities and key partners including major tree planting for the City of Montreal' Canopy project as well as for the undergoing University of Montréal Campus in Outremont, Québec.
soverdi.org<http://soverdi.org>

Regards
Elaine Ethier

Envoyé de mon iPad