[CANUFNET] Good arboricultural practices for the removal EAB Ash.

Hennessy, John John.Hennessy at brampton.ca
Tue Mar 17 14:12:10 EDT 2015

Hello all,

With regards to the removal of trees affected by EAB. Apart from standard hazard tree risk assessments, what additional practices are people using to establish thresholds with regards to the climbing and removal of EAB Ash. I am aware of one threshold, more than 1/3 die back and climbing is lost as a removal option. Would anybody be interested in weighing in on this one? Just looking for some rough guidelines, references, or resources. I appreciate that a slightly nuanced approach is required.
Particularly as our woodpeckers become more active and their mechanical damage expedites lignin deterioration, and loss of structural integrity.

Looking forward your responses,

John.

Please review the City of Brampton e-mail disclaimer statement at:
http://www.brampton.ca/EN/Online-Services/Pages/Privacy-Statement.aspx