[CANUFNET] SMA Member E-List Hydro topping

John McNeil john.mcneil at oakville.ca
Tue May 19 13:19:23 EDT 2015

Hi Shelley:

You point out an important issue.

Let me share with you how we addressed it.

I went to the Director of Operations for our local hydro utility and made a business case for becoming his “line clearing” contractor; 25 years later we are still in partnership with Oakville Hydro.

This past January,  the two of us co-presented at the Electrical Distribution Information Systems and Technology Conference in Markham: https://secure2.eda-on.ca/imis15/CASE/EDIST/Conference_Program/CASE/EDIST/Conference_Program.aspx?hkey=30d68888-3ee9-46bd-9c81-7736b5aff109

I was impressed with  the hydro companies  that came up to us afterwards and said how much they desire a similar relationship with their local municipality. Seems they don’t like being criticized by their customers either.

Food for thought.

Call me if you want to discuss.

All the best,

John