[CANUFNET] Free CEU's Thursday: 'Urban Forestry Today' Webcast

Rick Harper rharper at eco.umass.edu
Mon May 2 15:58:15 EDT 2016

This Thursday (May 05) at Noon (Eastern) we will welcome or next 'Urban
Forestry Today' noonhour webcast speaker, Dr. John Ball from South Dakota
State University, for his talk: ³Tree Diversity & Exotic ThreatsŠThe 5%
solution².  To attend, visit  www.joinwebinar.com
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001Sc3oiYHTpvOEiIk12zVMYngdSRn0BC1LgJs2lp3s5kGw
yGw6hKRprsoW21SD6YqV8volk4weld7W7W3yiq6galH5_Xy6QGYk5SdO1Byviwk=>  and enter
the ID code 141-234-395

**For those who cannot attend live in-person, the webcast will be archived
in the Œvideos¹ section at www.urbanforestrytoday.org **

As always, we will offer free ISA (& MCA) CEU¹s.

Please see below for further details.

Rick

--

..

Tree Diversity and Exotic Threats: The 5% Solution
 Dr. John Ball, South Dakota State University
With increased international trade our urban forests continue to experience
a plethora of stress-factors that include a continuing assault from exotic
pest threats. Diversification related to urban tree selection is one
important component of plant health care. Dr. John Ball will outline proper
steps to choosing urban trees, with emphasis for diversity being at the
genera, not species, level. This presentation will explain why the old
"10-20-30 rule" needs to become simply "the 5% solution."

To attend, visit  www.joinwebinar.com
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001Sc3oiYHTpvOEiIk12zVMYngdSRn0BC1LgJs2lp3s5kGw
yGw6hKRprsoW21SD6YqV8volk4weld7W7W3yiq6galH5_Xy6QGYk5SdO1Byviwk=>  and enter
the ID code 141-234-395.

This broadcast is free and will offer the opportunity for arborists to earn
1.0 ISA CEU and 0.5 MCA credit.

For more information, contact:
Rick Harper
Department of Environmental Conservation
University of Massachusetts, Amherst
rharper at eco.umass.edu

The Urban Forestry Today 2016 Webcast Series is sponsored by the University
of Massachusetts Department of Environmental Conservation, in cooperation
with the USDA Forest Service, Massachusetts Department of Conservation and
Recreation,University of Massachusetts Extension, and Massachusetts Tree
Wardens' & Foresters' Association.

Thursday
May 5
12-1 pm EDT

2016 Series
Lunchtime Webinars

**For those who cannot attend live in-person, the webcast will be archived
in the 'videos' section at
www.urbanforestrytoday.org
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001Sc3oiYHTpvOEiIk12zVMYngdSRn0BC1LgJs2lp3s5kGw
yGw6hKRprsoW21SD6YqV8volk4weld7hmzIob_z3iuYkWSznpqz_nRc0dXLQ-AgLaa6fhz0oYA==

 <http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001Sc3oiYHTpvOEiIk12zVMYngdSRn0BC1LgJs2lp3s5kG
wyGw6hKRprsoW21SD6YqV8volk4weld4RUza3UpwCaz-O6yR7GOeypmyOQ-dH8QxAZYJnPaRz9A=
=>