[CANUFNET] Urban tree mortality rate

Ethier Elaine elaine.ethier at umontreal.ca
Mon May 30 11:41:18 EDT 2016

Amelia, thank you so much for this added value to my pequinio knowledge!
I am looking forward to see with different tree professionals including some landscape architects in the province of Quebec to move on and catch up with what is promoted as scientific approaches. Tree economics in our province and main cities fall way behind. I worked with a economics forestry engineer student from UBC two years ago in Montreal for data on standing biomass in and around the emblematic Mount-Royal and the proposition to the developers made it that a review of architectural typography was done to change the design of buildings and of the street in order to go from 36% to 22% loss of the total biomass. The project became very interesting for city urban planning committees. So much to do.

Elaine Ethier
Plani Gester
Aménagement, foresterie urbaine