[CANUFNET] Oak tree top dieback

ConsultingArborist careofthetrees at gmail.com
Mon May 30 15:13:22 EDT 2016

I agree with Elaine. First impression is trunk girdling. Collars or wires
or something is usually placed around the trunk at about that height when a
tree is planted. Helpful at first, these things tend to get forgotten and
not removed in a timely fashion.

--
Oliver K. Reichl, B.E.S.(Hons)
Principal / Consulting Arborist-Ecologist*

* ASCA Registered Consulting Arborist #553
  ISA Certified Arborist #ON-1178A
  Ontario Butternut Health Assessor #039
  ISA Tree Risk Assessor Qualified
  OUFC Heritage Tree Inspector