[CANUFNET] Relationship DBH/canopy width

Darren Platakis geospatialniagara at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 10:59:52 EDT 2016

Hello everyone,

Is anyone aware of information or a chart of some sort that indicates the
relationship between DBH and canopy width for various tree species?

Eg,

Sugar maple with diameter "x" on average, has a canopy width of "y".

I understand that this is a very over generalized question and there are
multiple variables involved. I was hoping that there might be something
akin to a trigonometry table available somewhere.

I'm looking to perform some canopy analysis and would like to create
buffers representing canopy width for different tree species based on their
diameters.

Any links would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Darren Platakis