[CANUFNET] Clayoquot Sound 1993

Brenlee Robinson brenlee.robinson at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 14:49:56 EDT 2016

I’m writing a collection of Canadian History and Folklore through tree stories.

I will be including a chapter on the 1993 Clayoquot sound protests.   While there are printed materials available from that time, I’m hoping to anchor the story with the perspective from 2016.  As it is now over 20 years later, I’m looking for comments – from any side of the issue – from those who were involved then, who are willing to comment with the perspective of time now.   Either a conversation with me, or a few written sentences would be perfect!

 If you would be able to help me find people who would be interested / willing - to talk or even just write a few sentences from their perspective now on what happened then, I would greatly appreciate it!

 Credit will be given as due, Privacy will be respected as desired !

 Sample questions:

 What was your participation in the protests?

How did the participating in the protests affect you?     personally , professionally…

what do you think the results of the protests  ( and related  issues) were  - to Clayoquot Sound,  to BC forestry,   to civil actions in BC / or beyond,  to the legal system either in Clayoquot sound or BC,

Do you think there were any surprise or unintended results or consequences of the protests/ the logging ?

its a lot of questions,  -  if you can do it within about 250 words that would be great. If you have more to say, write it, and we’ll see what happens.

Thank you so much for any help

Brenlee Robinson

Master of Arts in Education

Master of Forest Conservation