[CANUFNET] Memorial trees and plaques

Mark Davies mark.davies at richmondhill.ca
Mon Aug 22 08:21:21 EDT 2016

Ian,
We have a designated area, the Celebration Forest, in 1 of our more natural parks where we have residents donate trees for life events ( births, deaths , graduations, etc.) We allow them to have markers at the base of these trees, but if we plant a tree in memorial in any other park, we do not allow them to have markers of any type associated with them. For the most part, our Celebration Forest trees and their markers are not vandalized. The Town charges $150  to have the tree supplied and planted. The species are chosen from a list of native trees.
Mark.

S. Mark Davies   B.Sc. (Agr)
I.S.A. Qualified Tree Risk Assessor
Ontario Qualified Utility Arborist

Supervisor Urban Forestry
Community Services Department
1200 Elgin Mills Rd E., Richmond Hill, ON L4S 1M4
(905) 780-2945