[CANUFNET] Memorial trees and plaques

Brian Geerts GeertsB at cambridge.ca
Mon Aug 22 08:28:23 EDT 2016

Here in Cambridge we have a memorial/dedication tree program.  We do many dedication trees with plaques; a few people elect to have a tree without a plaque.  I've attached a sample 8"x10" brass plaque that we mount in concrete flush with the ground near the base of the tree.  A 50mm cal tree and a plaque is $797.  We allow them in parks, cemeteries, and along trails, at locations agreed between staff and the family.  We also have a dedication bench program that is popular; a bench with a small plaque is $1718.

Brian

Brian Geerts
Manager of Forestry and Horticulture
City of Cambridge