[CANUFNET] Ash Species Rating

Michael Richardson mrtree at kos.net
Tue Sep 20 22:36:29 EDT 2016

I think that you are likely not using a defensible approach.

Trunk Formula Method is for amenity or landscape trees.  If your trees are
in a forest or EP (Environmental Protection) than the loss is not
calculated using TFM but rather loss of environmental function and its
replacement.

The answer than may be to replace the Ash with trees that promote similar
function and add in time factors etc. as well as the cost tp control
invasive species such as European Buckthorn Control.

Cost of Cure may be the way to approach this loss.

Michael