[CANUFNET] Free CEU's 10/13: 'Urban Forestry Today' Noonhour Webcast - What record heat and a warming world mean for insect outbreaks

Rick Harper rharper at eco.umass.edu
Mon Oct 3 09:12:30 EDT 2016

Join us October 13 at noon (Eastern) as we welcome Dr. Mike Raupp,
University of Maryland, to the Urban Forestry Today noon hour webcast to
discuss ³The heat is on: What record heat and a warming world mean for
insect outbreaks². To attend, simply visit www.joinwebinar.com
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001Sc3oiYHTpvOEiIk12zVMYngdSRn0BC1LgJs2lp3s5kGw
yGw6hKRprsoW21SD6YqV8volk4weld7W7W3yiq6galH5_Xy6QGYk5SdO1Byviwk=>  and enter
the ID code 471-645-275.

**For those who cannot attend live in-person, the webcast will be archived
in the Œvideos¹ section at www.urbanforestrytoday.org
<www.urbanforestrytoday.org > **

As always, we will offer free ISA (& MCA) CEU¹s.

Please see below for further details.

Rick

--
..

THE HEAT IS ON:
What record heat and a warming world mean for insect outbreaks
Mike Raupp, PhD, University of Maryland
After a summer set to shatter records, we will see how warmer temperatures
can alter ranges of pests, seasonal phenology of insects and mites, and
interactions among plants, herbivores, and their natural enemies. Special
emphasis will be placed on urban heat islands in the baking summer of 2016.

To attend, visit  www.joinwebinar.com
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=kre5otyab.0.0.wmnvzncab.0&id=preview&r=3&p=http
%3A%2F%2Fwww.joinwebinar.com>  and enter the ID code
471-645-275.

This broadcast is free and will offer the opportunity for arborists to earn
1.0 ISA CEU and 0.5 MCA credit. For those who are unavailable to attend the
live broadcast, sessions will be archived in the "videos" section at
www.urbanforestrytoday.org
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=kre5otyab.0.0.wmnvzncab.0&id=preview&r=3&p=http
%3A%2F%2Fwww.urbanforestrytoday.org>

For more information, contact:
Rick Harper
Department of Environmental Conservation
University of Massachusetts, Amherst
rharper at eco.umass.edu

The Urban Forestry Today 2016 Webcast Series is sponsored by the University
of Massachusetts Department of Environmental Conservation, in cooperation
with the USDA Forest Service, Massachusetts Department of Conservation and
Recreation, University of Massachusetts Extension, and Massachusetts Tree
Wardens' & Foresters' Association.

Thursday
   October 13
12-1 pm EDT

2016 Series
Lunchtime Webinars

**For those who cannot attend live in-person, the webcast will be archived
in the 'videos' section at
p%3A%2F%2Fwww.masstreewardens.org>