[CANUFNET] Tree tag/plate question.

Marie-Hélène Sauvé mhsauve at groupeagir.com
Thu Oct 27 14:55:28 EDT 2016

Hi,

When I visited a botanical garden in Japan (I unfortunately forgot the
name), they used labels that were connected to a system of springs. This
non-intrusive system allowed the tree to grow without impacting the label as
the tree got bigger hence “eating” the label. The springs were “tied” around
the tree trunk, like a rope. The springs didn’t seem to hurt the trunk,
neither the label connected to it. This way, they didn’t have to change the
labels as the tree grew and the labels didn’t fall off either (very
difficult for an individual to take them off too). Unfortunately, I don’t
know where they got that system, but it seemed a pretty good system to try
here (maybe it exists, but I’ve never seen it before then). It was in Tokyo

Best regards,

signature_MHS_courriel