[CANUFNET] Tree tag/plate question.

Jon Peter jpeter at rbg.ca
Thu Oct 27 14:12:13 EDT 2016

Hi Stan,

At Royal Botanical Gardens, Hamilton, we use a rotary engraver to engrave all of our own labels. We use a black anodized aluminum for all our labels.

As stated, many engraving (trophies etc.) companies will be able to do this for you.

I would suggest checking out Lark Label (http://www.larklabel.com/). Although not a Canadian source, Karl of Lark Label has specialized in plant labels and works with many botanical gardens and arboreta around the world. He know a bit about plants and definitely knows about how to effectively produce plant labels which other engraving companies may not fully understand.

All the best!

Jon Peter
Curator & Manager of Plant Records
Royal Botanical Gardens
680 Plains Road West, Burlington, Ontario L7T 4H4
905-527-1158 (1-800-694-4769), ext.#539