[CANUFNET] tree protection

Jennifer Gagné via CANUFNET canufnet at list.web.net
Mon Jan 16 15:58:13 EST 2017

Hi Michelle,

A lot of municipalities require permits to remove AND injure trees. For
example, in Toronto when a homeowner, developer, etc would like to work
within the tree protection zone of a protected tree, they must submit a
permit to injure that tree accompanied by an arborist report prepared by a
certified arborist that can demonstrate that the excavation, regrading,
storage of materials etc. will not affect the stability or long-term health
of the tree. If that can't be demonstrated, then the plans are to be
revised or the tree will require removal and the developer will have to pay
the value of the tree, which is over $10,000 in many cases.

Jennifer

--
Jennifer Gagné, MFC, ISA Certified Arborist
Consulting Arborist