[CANUFNET] tree protection

Julian Dunster via CANUFNET canufnet at list.web.net
Tue Jan 17 16:39:32 EST 2017

a tree protection plan must be in place and approved prior to any site plan approval process period.

yes Jack.

Lot's of places have that requirement, but it is largely useless unless
everyone involved has bought into the process, and there is an ability
to make it work well, enforce it with teeth, and be sure that the tree
was worth the effort in the first place.

If these aspects are not in place we are all wasting our time and
effort, no matter how well intentioned that may be.

For what it is worth, the City of Surrey has Steve Whitton to thank for
a lot of its current standards - recaltricant participants had the
benefit of a 'fireside chat' with Steve, who generally managed to
encourage more effective participation thereafter!

Happy retirement Steve!

On Behalf of Dunster and Associates Environmental Consultants Ltd.

Dr. Julian A Dunster R.P.F., R.P.P.., M.C.I.P., ISA Certified Arborist,
ASCA Registered Consulting Arborist # 378,
ISA Tree Risk Assessment Qualified
BC Wildlife Danger Tree Assessor
Honourary Life Member ISA + PNWISA

North American distributor for Rinntech