[CANUFNET] Incentives

Thiessen, Billie-Jo via CANUFNET canufnet at list.web.net
Thu Jan 19 12:16:06 EST 2017

Hi Shawn!

I like this "out-of-the box", positive approach.  This is something that I have considered as we work with homeowners to retain trees on City property (I only deal with public trees).  I definitely think this is worth exploring, but I expect it will be a complex idea to develop.  We all know that urban trees offer monetary benefits.  This approach would use development as an opportunity to highlight just that.

Do you mind if I forward this email to our Inter-municipal Tree Bylaw Discussion Group?

BILLIE-JO THIESSEN | URBAN FORESTRY TECHNICIAN

[COS_Tag_pp_cmyk-200]
CITY OF SURREY
Parks Division
6651 148 Street, Surrey, BC, Canada V3S 3C7
T 604.501.7691    www.surrey.ca<http://www.surrey.ca/>

[Social Media Icons_email_GREEN]<http://www.surrey.ca/12392.aspx> [Social Media Icons_City Speaks_GREEN] <http://www.surrey.ca/city-government/13146.aspx>  [Social Media Icons_Twitter_GREEN] <https://twitter.com/cityofsurrey>  [Social Media Icons_FB_GREEN] <https://www.facebook.com/TheCityofSurrey>  [Social Media Icons_YT_GREEN] <http://www.youtube.com/TheCityofSurrey>  [Social Media Icons_linkedin_GREEN] <http://www.linkedin.com/company/city-of-surrey>

Connect, Share and Engage with your City