[CANUFNET] Appraisal of publicly owned trees

Amelia Needoba via CANUFNET canufnet at list.web.net
Mon Jan 23 12:28:30 EST 2017

Hi Gregg,

A non-pacific northwest example of public tree appraisal is attached and is
used by City of Melbourne to calculate compensation for amenity value of
trees removed for development, vandalized or damaged by vehicles...
1) Appraisal is done internally per the attached method
2) Method is a modified Burnley method but similar in overall concept to
CTLA
3) Species costs are calculated per base value ($ per unit volume) of the
tree and modified by a species factor

Beyond the amenity value, cost of removal and i-tree ecosystem services are
added, plus cost of reinstatement if specialized tree pits are used for
passive water infiltration.

If you'd like to know more about it I can send you contact info for current
staff there, or chat with you about it based on my prior experience.

Cheers,
Amelia.

*Amelia Needoba | Senior Urban Forester, PMP, ISA Cert. Arb*
3551 Commercial Street | Vancouver | V5N 4E8
Diamond Head Consulting <http://www.diamondheadconsulting.com/>
<http://www.diamondheadconsulting.com/> P *604.733.4886 <604.733.4886>** ext.
33* F *604.733.4879 <604.733.4879>*