[CANUFNET] Climate change adaptation strategies

Amelia Needoba via CANUFNET canufnet at list.web.net
Wed Feb 15 15:51:18 EST 2017

Hi Amber,
We worked with Metro Vancouver to develop an urban forest climate
adaptation framework and a guidebook for using trees to maximize climate
adaptation benefits (both attached) as a resource for greater Vancouver
municipalities. We classified species as regionally native, BC native and
non-native in the database but the framework doesn't address assisted
migration in detail or tackle the definition of biotic nativeness - rather
it acknowledges the need for ongoing research given the uncertainty. Please
let me know what comes out of your work!
Cheers,
Amelia.

*Amelia Needoba | Senior Urban Forester, PMP, ISA Cert. Arb*
3551 Commercial Street | Vancouver | V5N 4E8
Diamond Head Consulting <http://www.diamondheadconsulting.com/>
<http://www.diamondheadconsulting.com/> P *604.733.4886 <604.733.4886>** ext.
33* F *604.733.4879 <604.733.4879>*