[CANUFNET] Research Project on “Measuring Footprint of Urban Forestry in Canada”

Yu Yung via CANUFNET canufnet at list.web.net
Thu Jun 22 14:37:19 EDT 2017

June 22, 2017

Dear all,

I am a Master of Forest Conservation (MFC) student at the Faculty of Forestry, University of Toronto. Under the guidance of Dr. Danijela Puric-Mladenovic and Dr. Adrina C. Bardekjian, I am currently working on a research project about “Measuring the Footprint of Urban Forestry in Canada”. The project is funded by Tree Canada and Mitacs.

The primary goal of this project is to evaluate the extent of urban forestry activities and its spatial distribution across Canada’s municipalities, and visualize the findings in the form of interactive maps. We have completed the first phase of data collection, which included capturing and standardizing readily available web information related to urban forestry in Ontario. For more information regarding the project, please see the attached flyer.

I am currently gathering information about urban forestry activities in other provinces. These information include tree protection policies, tree by-laws, urban forest management plans, pest and disease management strategies, tree inventories and methods, urban forest planning and green systems, and community stewardship activities.

If you have information about forestry in your municipality that you would like to share, please feel free to contact me at yuki.yung at mail.utoronto.ca<mailto:yuki.yung at mail.utoronto.ca?subject=>. Any information pointing us in the right direction (e.g. a web page link, report, summary of activities, contact person to talk to) will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Yuki Yung

Master of Forest Conservation Candidate

Faculty of Forestry