[CANUFNET] Plant Appraisal Guide 10th Edition

Michael Richardson via CANUFNET canufnet at list.web.net
Wed Aug 8 15:40:28 EDT 2018

The 10th was made available on Monday August 6, 2018.

It would seem reasonable that all appraisals done prior to this date would
use the 9th edition as a guide and those after may use the 10th or explain
why the 9th was relied upon.  OF course the consultant must use defensible
methodology and can choose to ignore the CTLA Appraisal Guide in any form.

Without seeing the book it is impossible to talk about how it ended up.
It has been shrouded in secrecy for a decade and the last draft made
public had major issues.  There is a possibility that it will not be
accepted by certain organizations or municipalities.  The Ontario RPAC
does not seem to exist so we may not have guidance (any current
information cannot be found with google).

A further issue will arise with the TPAQ (Tree and Plant Appraisal
Qualification); will it become the de facto requirement in the United
States; will Canada follow suit when ASCA has no standing here and only a
handful of Canadians are RCAs?

Oh and the price!!!! $125 USD for ISA or ASCA members (ISA International
is charging $24.95 USD shipping) and $175 USD for non-members.

Michael