[CANUFNET] City of Cambridge, Ontario: New Private Tree Bylaw

Naomi Zurcher via CANUFNET canufnet at list.web.net
Fri Oct 19 05:05:26 EDT 2018

Hi Brian:

Many thanks for sharing this. It’s very interesting and it raises a number of questions.

• I was wondering if this ordinance was created with any public input and, once enacted, how the public feels about it?

• I may have missed it but I am wondering if there is a complementary “building with trees” component that offers practical ways of building, e,g. augering or jacking under roots, that supports the retention of trees that fall within or in immediate proximity to a project’s footprint?

Thanks and kind regards
Naomi