[CANUFNET] Tree Planting Programs

Alice Casselman alice.casselman37 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 10:30:58 EST 2019

Good morning everyone

Would add ACER’s work training schools, conservation authorities, municipalities and agencies to plant, monitor and maintain and report on tree programs.
Please check out our website -www.acer-acre.ca <http://www.acer-acre.ca/> for the details and maps of showing the sites.
The data collected is posted under publications and by P4C school for all to see and use international protocols for measurement and status of the trees

We now have 60+ schools around the HGTA with established- Planting for Change (P4C) programs
13 CA’s from Windsor to Cornwall have etablished-Riparian Rangers (RR) programs
There are many Go Global (GG ) one hectare international forest biodiversity monitoring plots along 2  north south gradients

ACER also has agencies in municipalities that contract us to train staff and help them plant / distribute and measure trees
We only plant if benchmark 10% of plantings are measured tagged  for compatible and cumulative data collection over time to determine the success of the species chosen for the site

Please check the TRCA Young Tree  and Shrub Monitoring and Maintenance Guide where, in partnership, we have included the ACER  measuring protocol for trees less than 4cm dbh.
https://trca.ca/conservation/watershed-management/etobicoke-mimico-creek/young-tree-monitoring-program/ <https://trca.ca/conservation/watershed-management/etobicoke-mimico-creek/young-tree-monitoring-program/>

We are charity established in 1987 and are project and volunteer driven with participants ranging from primary grades to seniors
Alice for ACER
aceracreinfo at gmail.com