[CANUFNET] Root systems & private property

Naomi Zurcher treerap at sprintmail.com
Fri Nov 8 03:36:33 EST 2019

Didn’t notice the spellcheck errors, etc so have rephrased:

You might also considering using a structural soil, e.g. CU soil for the substrate as it looks as if there’s open landscape to the left of the broken sidewalk and that would help convey roots to the additional open landscape without continuing to heave pavement.

Also, you might consider using a pervious treatment rather than pouring concrete. This would further assist supporting a healthy soil as well as a viable root system by increasing the rootable soil volume which requires air and moisture, facilitated by pervious, permeable or porous paving. I am attaching an excellent resource which explains the differences, etc.

Sorry for the errors