[CANUFNET] Planting Trees Over Slab

Peter Wynnyczuk peter.wynnyczuk at sympatico.ca
Fri Jan 17 12:49:13 EST 2020

Hi,
A key conversation is what is the purpose of the slab, i.e., Parking roof, Condo
roof, as the reality is that at some point in the future waterproofing/membrane
replacement is needed. If that is every 25 to 30 years, planting decisions are
needed based on how difficult is it to remove the vegetation on the slab to help
determine appropriate sized species/vegetation.
As your climate conditions differ from southern Ontario, these are general
comments as it relates to some building parking garage roof rehabilitation I
have been involved in where all trees on and within 2m of the slab are removed
for waterproofing, losing 40cm DBH trees in the procees.
Sincerely,
Peter Wynnyczuk