[CANUFNET] Climate Change Impacts on Trees in the Pacific Northwest.

Julian Dunster jadunster at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 14:40:51 EDT 2020

The Pacific Northwest Chapter of ISA is pleased to host their next all
day webinar on August 18th. It will be live streamed from 08:30 to 4 pm.
Details at the link below.

https://pnwisa.org/event/live-interactive-webinar-climate-change-impacts-on-pnw-trees/

/Climate change introduces a new challenge for municipalities as it has
the potential to affect areas of forest cover in ways we may not yet
completely understand. The recent lack of cold winters, attributed to
climate change, has allowed for the mountain pine beetle to wipe out
enormous areas of forest land in Canada and the United States. Prolonged
drought in California lead to thousands of acres of dead and dying trees
in urban and rural areas. Dead and dying trees lead to increased chance
of forest fires./

/Those who will benefit from attending this symposium include arborists
in the municipal and private sectors, other professionals who work with
trees and forests, as well as anyone interested in how climate change is
impacting trees. Presenters will propose best practices for future tree
selection, maintenance and management in light of climate changes./

/The goal for the symposium is to lay out a foundation of ideas and
experiences, and use those to develop long term action plans to combat
the effects of climate change. Along the way we hope to see if we can
sort out fact from fiction. By the end of the day we will have a
starting point for further debate, some sense of the science available,
and initial paths to work on. Our hope is that we can use this material
to start focusing on what we have, what we might lose, and how we can
work in urban areas to increase the resiliency of our urban forests to
enhance their chances of long-term survival./

I will be chairing the event and giving the opening lecture. We look
forward to seeing you there.

jd

--

On Behalf of Dunster and Associates Environmental Consultants Ltd.

Dr. Julian A Dunster R.P.F., R.P.P.., M.C.I.P., ISA Certified Arborist,
ASCA Registered Consulting Arborist # 378,
ISA Tree Risk Assessment Qualified
Honourary Life Member ISA + PNWISA

North American distributor for Rinntech
www.dunster.ca