[CANUFNET] City of Toronto needs help to preserve historic urban tree

james urban jimtree123 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 14:43:28 EST 2020

Debra
I forwarded your post to some of my Landscape Architect colleagues in Toronto.  Also attached is a book I highly recommend for managing ancient trees.  I attended a seminar in the UK run by the one of authors of this book.  Keeping suckers and lower branches is a very critical early step in managing trees of this age.  I am managing a large red oak down here in Maryland, US and the tree does sucker on old wood quite well.
Good luck
Jim Urban, ISA FASLA
jimtree123 at gmail.com