[CANUFNET] Question to mailing list members

Philip van Wassenaer pwassenaer1022 at rogers.com
Fri Mar 5 17:45:51 EST 2021

I have been working on DED for a long time and with some specific Winnipeg experience. Never heard of this!

I would ask the university researcher that made the statement to please provide some scientific evidence to substantiate that. Trees don’t usually grow things they don’t need. Removing sprouts is an aesthetic  driven practice, not much good to the tree as far as I can see. And could be a stress that attracts the beetles as previously mentioned here.

If you receive some good information to verify this, please do pass it along. Interesting query…

Cheers and have a great weekend all,

Philip

Philip van Wassenaer, B.SC., MFC

Urban Forest Innovations Inc.