[CANUFNET] Trees and the Law in Canada. Where to Measure Boundary Trees to Determine Ownership

Jack Radecki jackandali at sympatico.ca
Thu Mar 25 11:37:27 EDT 2021

As I recall from the precedent setting case on Humewood Avenue that Philip Van Wassenaer and I  co-represented, the judge agreed that if any part of the main trunk (up to the main crotch or first scaffold limb) intersected the property line, then it would become a co-owned tree. Does that fit your profile? This was initially taken from the Forestry Act.

Best Jack Radecki