[CANUFNET] Trees and the Law in Canada. Where to Measure Boundary Trees to Determine Ownership

Bohdan Kowalyk bohdan.kowalyk at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 10:06:49 EDT 2021

I agree the case should not be described as precedent setting.  In Ontario,
the long standing Forestry Act (section 10(2)) simply confirms the common
law understanding that every tree whose trunk is growing on the boundary
between adjoining lands is the common property of the owners of the
adjoining lands.  It does not go into specifying measurement details if
that is what the argument is about.

Bohdan Kowalyk