[CANUFNET] Question about Grand firs and help with tree maintenance

Michael Richardson mrtree at kos.net
Mon Apr 12 11:13:27 EDT 2021

You need to hire a consultant to diagnosis the issue and provide
solutions.  Do not hire a tree service how is attempting a sale on other
services.

The obvious issues with conifers is winter desiccation and needle disease.
 Needle samples may already have fruiting bodies on them or after being
placed in a warm, moist chamber.  Spores placed under a microscope should
be identifiable.

Desiccation is quite possible with late season planting of conifers.

Diagnose the issue then treat.

Watering is always important for tree establishment.  Gator bags are fine
but you can do as well with some 20l pails with tiny holes drilled in the
bottom to allow slow infiltration of water into soil.