[CANUFNET] Arborist climbing helmets.

Ryan Senechal ryansenechal at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 11:37:02 EDT 2021

Hi Shawn,
There are no unique helmet requirements included in WorkSafe OHSR Part 13
(temporary work platforms), although Part 8 does provide some clarity for
work above 3m. Type 1 or 2 are accepted, and must be equipped with a chin
strap.  Qualified electrical workers must use Class E hardhats if operating
inside of 3 m from primary phases.

Your employer OHS requirements or prime contractor OHS requirements may
exceed current WorkSafe regulatory requirements as part of OHSR 8.4
(workplace evaluation), and those requirements are binding.

Ryan