[CANUFNET] Arborist climbing helmets.

Michael Richardson mrtree at kos.net
Tue Apr 27 08:06:49 EDT 2021

I do not know the BC safety legislation.

In Ontario the minimum helmet requirement will be either determined by:
1) specific regulation - i.e.. Construction requires a minimum type 1,
class E., Industrial (inc. logging)requires appropriate head protection.
2) a hazard and risk assessment (as required by CSA stand for helmets)
must be undertaken.  In the absence of this the highest rated helmet (Type
2, Class E, CSA stamped) must be used.

Type 1 vs. type 2- do you believe there is no side impact associated with
tree work?  You can perhaps rely on others or make an informed choice for
yourself.

And do not forget Class, dielectric or not.

Michael