[CANUFNET] FW: Looking for Feedback on Newmarket's New Draft Private Tree Bylaw

Naomi Zurcher treerap at sprintmail.com
Tue Aug 31 02:40:56 EDT 2021

In addition to Oliver’s excellent suggestions, I would add that whatever you create should have teeth in it. Just words on paper is not good enough. It needs to be enforceable and the Township needs to be determined to enforce it.

I would also incorporate the permitting procedure into the law so that whichever entity issues the permits for whatever work will impact on the landscape does so in association and accordance with the Agency within the Township that’s responsible for trees and the landscapes they populate.