[CANUFNET] ash tree question

Jack Radecki jackandali at sympatico.ca
Thu Nov 4 09:17:20 EDT 2021

In my practice as a Registered Consulting Arborist, I have been called in to inspect EAB infested trees. Just last year in the middle of Toronto I looked at a large indigenous White Ash that was treated with Treeazin more than 10 years ago and twice every 2 years. Yes the tree died back and suckered but id recover. Why did it not get reinfested? My belief is once the hoard  has past through then the likelihood of reinfestation is much less. Proof is in the pudding.

Also as Oliver suggests I maintained over one hundred Blue Ash (Fraxinus quadrangulata) in my past career and never lost one from EAB. Also Fraxinus mandshurica which I had planted in the Mount Pleasant Arboretum was also quite resistant as the genes got the taste obviously. I say to all do not give up hope.

Jack Radecki RCA 342