[CANUFNET] Optimal Tree Health Condition Rating

Bruno PAQUET bruno.paquet at montreal.ca
Thu Jan 6 12:57:27 EST 2022

Hello everyone,

Best wishes for the year ahead with hopefully less COVID considerations.

Being responsible for the urban forest of a borough on the Montreal Island,
I am looking for references on the optimal target rating for the health
condition of public trees.

A recent study I commissioned (2021) showed, based on a sampling of 10% of
our public tree population, that the condition rating of our trees along
streets and in parks was 67%.

I have consulted many documents and have not found anything specific about
a target for such an optimal rating, which would be recognized by the
community as desirable. A target score of 100% would obviously be
completely unrealistic but what should we aim for, 80, 85 or 90%.

Your comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

*Bruno Paquet*

bruno.paquet at montreal.ca

--
**AVERTISSEMENT** : Ce courriel et les pièces qui y sont jointes sont
destinés exclusivement au(x) destinataire(s) mentionné(s) ci-dessus et