[CANUFNET] Urban forest NGOs

ebuffie at mymts.net ebuffie at mymts.net
Thu Jan 13 15:20:29 EST 2022

Hi Tyler,

 Not sure if we fit the bill, but over the past 2 years our group, the Winnipeg Trees Please Coalition, has lobbied all three levels of government for more money for urban forestry and for a policy shift in the way government’s view urban forests. Our approach has been to argue that trees are essential municipal infrastructure and should be maintained, protected and funded accordingly. Most recently we presented at the public hearings on the municipal budget. I think we’ve had a fairly big impact for such a small group. Happy to talk if it helps.

You can find our website here: https://treespleasewinnipeg.com/ <https://treespleasewinnipeg.com/>

And our FB page here: https://www.facebook.com/Trees-Please-Winnipeg-101064112030822 <https://www.facebook.com/Trees-Please-Winnipeg-101064112030822>

Best,

Erna