[CANUFNET] Suspension of Fleming College courses related to Urban Forestry, will this impact our Urban Forests

Elaine Ethier elaine.ethier at umontreal.ca
Tue Apr 30 11:22:20 EDT 2024

Hello,
Private partnership may come from corporations, associations, foundations or individual donors for research grants, research contracts or endowment funds for observatories, laboratories and chairs. Terms are often associated for renewal of funding intentions. Thus 5 years. When and if endowment funds were capitalized by the college, the the initial intention for allowing endowment must be protected during the life of donors. They must be informed, they must all agree for their funds to be transfers elsewhere in line as much as possible with the initial protocol.

Should the college have such donors for specific use of yielded dollars in the fields that we are concerned about, the the college must be absolutely transparent, reveal to all research beneficiaries and/or recipients and donors where the funds are going, why, when, how and for what.

One question comes to mind, what will happen to teaching and support staff, research reports, private or public?
 The are answers the institution charity patent must be ready to clarify and report otherwise it can loose its patent. Considering the number of programs at stake, the could be large amounts of donations to manage on a donor priority. Donors have the absolute right to transfer left over sums of past donations to or for purposes in line with their initial intent. The related committees and port folio management must take action, vote and also respect the donors original purpose for granting. Get their permission to use the investment in a different protocole or refund the donor. What about awards and scholarships in the fields we are concerned ? Are there some at that college in programs we are interested in ?

Elaine Ethier
Consultante
Milieu de vie - foresterie urbaine