[homeles_ot-l] Fw: Media Release - Igniting the Spirit

Bruce Ransom bransom at wabano.com
Fri Jun 15 15:06:04 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: Elena Abel
To: Elena Abel
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2007 2:43 PM
Subject: Media Release - Igniting the Spirit

WABANO CENTRE FOR ABORIGINAL HEALTH INC.

299 Montreal Road, Ottawa, Ontario K1L 6B8

Phone: (613) 748-0657 ext 220 ~ Fax: (613) 748-9364 ~ www.wabano.com

June 15, 2007

Media Release

Ottawa Ignites the Spirit of Aboriginal Children & Youth

on National Aboriginal Day

(Ottawa) -- Wabano Centre for Aboriginal Health is hosting their second annual

Aboriginal fundraising gala, Igniting the Spirit. The gala is a gourmet cocktail party highlighting First Nations, Inuit and Métis culture and entertainment.  The evening boasts a gourmet menu of Aboriginal-inspired foods, renowned First Nation, Inuit and Métis entertainers, and silent & live auctions that include Aboriginal artwork, sculptures, and crafts.

An investment in the care of urban children and youth today can pay dividends in their future. The goal of this event is to raise funds for programs that will encourage urban

When:            Thursday, June 21, 2007 (National Aboriginal Day)

Time: 6:00 - 9:00 pm

Location:      Government Conference Centre, 2 Rideau Street, Main Hall

Who:              Sue O'Sullivan, Deputy Chief, Ottawa Police Service:

"Mentoring relationships through early intervention programs like Wabano make a tremendous difference in a child's life - giving kids a fresh outlook and much-needed support. I encourage you to invest in today's youth - they are, after all, tomorrow's future."

Auctioneer: David Smith

Tickets: $95.00

Tickets can be purchased by contacting Judy Cardo:

Phone: 613.748.0657 ext 242 - E-mail: jcardo at wabano.com

Limited ticket availability at the door

About Wabano:

"The community-based, culturally sensitive Wabano Centre for Aboriginal Health is a beacon of hope and well-being for Aboriginal peoples in the Ottawa region and a role model for the future of health care in Canada"

Dr. Charles S. Coffey, O.C. , Executive Vice President,

RBC Financial Group and a friend and supporter of Wabano.

Established in the National Capital Region in 1998, the Wabano Centre for Aboriginal Health is an urban health centre that serves over 6,000 Aboriginal people. At Wabano, we believe that sharing our history, traditional knowledge and values with the broader community will inspire them to join us in the circle of caring and sharing.

We encourage all community members to join us on National Aboriginal Day. You can invest in the social and economic future of a child and contribute to building a vibrant, diverse metropolitan economy by attending the Igniting the Spirit Gala.

Judy Cardo

Gala Coordinator
Wabano Centre for Aboriginal Health.
299 Montreal Road